Parent’s devastating decision – forced to pull the plug on 13-year-old daughter after sleepover horror

When her mom arrived by Esra’s side, paramedics were trying to revive her and told Andrea that her daughter had been chroming, a word that the scared mother heard for the first time ever.

Esra was transferred to the hospital and was placed on life support, but just eight hours later, the parents were told that her brain was damaged beyond repair and that needed to make a decision to turn the life support off.

Knowing there was nothing that could be done, Andrea and Paul called relatives and family members to say their final goodbyes. “It was a very, very difficult thing to do to such a young soul. She was put onto a bed so we could lay with her. We cuddled her until the end.”

Esra’s siblings, Imogen, Seth and Charlie are have been shattered ever since their sister is gone.

“It was really devastating, devastating for everyone involved, all her friends as well,” Paul said. “It’s been the most difficult, traumatic time any parent could go through. We haven’t been sleeping, we’ve hardly been eating, we haven’t been smiling–we’re not ourselves…But it’s not just affected us, it’s the community as well.”

Following Esra’s passing, Andrea and Paul are doing all in their power to put an end to the crazy viral craze that took their daughter’s life.

Speaking to 7 News, Paul said he wished he knew of chroming when Esra was still alive, so he could have warned her of the dangers: “If we were educated and the word had been put out there, we would have had the discussion around our kitchen table for sure.

“We need to ramp it up and let these kids find out the information first-hand, and not through friends, and not through social media–then they’re given the right advice off the bat.”

Esra isn’t the first victim of chroming. Over the years, a number of young people lost their lives from the consequences of it as it can easily lead to seizures, heart attack, suffocation, sudden sniffing death, coma, and organ failure.

“We’ve got the pictures in our mind which will never be erased, you know, of what we were confronted with,” Paul told Langdon. “Our gut was ripped out.”

We are so very sorry for this family’s loss and we wish no parent ever experiences such heartbreak.

Please SHARE this story with your family and friends on Facebook.

Related Posts

Brain Teaser: Can you identify the error in this family’s dining room photo in under 15 seconds?

IQ Test using BraBrain Teaser: Try to identify the error in the family’s dining room picture in this entertaining quiz. Can you spot the mistake in this…

The Remarkable Journey of Laura Ingraham

Discovering the Woman Behind the Television Screen Laura Ingraham, the well-known face on Fox News and one of the most successful talkshow hosts today, has captivated audiences…

I Was Kicked out of the Restaurant Because of My Age and Outfit – Days Later, I Returned for Payback

At 82, Everly was told she was “too old” and dressed “inappropriately” for a trendy restaurant. Her response? A viral Facebook post that sparked outrage and demanded…

Gisele Bündchen Finds Love Again After Divorce from Tom Brady

Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady, a beloved power couple, recently went their separate ways, leaving fans saddened. But it seems that both Gisele and Tom are ready…

Doctors forced to do emergency caesarean section – dad sees baby’s face and room falls silent

Pregnancy can be a very tough time for the woman. In addition to managing the physical aspects of wearing a baby in the stomach, there is also…

Keith Urban needs our prayers

Keith Urban, the renowned country music star, has drawn attention after his appearance at Sydney Airport, hinting at his participation in the “It’s A Bloke Thing” luncheon…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *