The potential dangers of Himalayan salt lamps for your pets

A woman from New Zealand named Maddie Smith shared on Facebook the story of her sweet kitty Ruby who got poisoned after she licked a Himalayan salt lamp. This woman is trying to warn other cat owners of the dangers of these types of lamps and urges them to keep them out of the reach of their pets.

She started by writing how Ruby was walking in a strange manner that Wednesday morning. They simply thought it was because the little one was cold so they got her toasty before they left for work. Unfortunately, once they got home, they could see the cat’s condition was way worse than before, so they took her to the vet. “The vets were extremely concerned for her and could see she definitely had neurological problems because she simply could not walk properly, could not hear or see, couldn’t even eat or drink properly because she couldn’t function her tongue the best,” the cat owner wrote.“Her basic senses and abilities gone in 12 hours. She was so helpless.”

When the test results came back, both the doctors and Ruby’s owners were left shocked. The cat was diagnosed with severe salt poisoning which caused her brain to swell. “The salt poisoning was caused by just your normal salt lamp that we had in our lounge. Ruby has ingested the salt by simply licking the lamp.” They all say how Ruby’s survival is a miracle as salt poisoning is deadly to animals. The thing is that once they lick these lamps, the animals can’t stop doing it because the taste is addictive.

The vets and medical experts add that these lamps are ‘deadly’ for animals but only if they consume too much of the mineral and lick them repeatedly, otherwise they can do no harm. The amount of salt cats are allowed to take per day is around 42mg. Anything above this quantity can cause poisoning.So, if you do decide to get a Himalayan salt lamp just make sure your pet can’t reach it. Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook. Bored Daddy Love and Peace

Related Posts

We Discovered a Secret Room during Renovations – What We Found inside Made Us Move Out

When Jack and I bought our dream home, we never imagined it would turn into a nightmare. During renovations, Carlos, our crew leader, discovered a hidden door…

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jon Bon Jovi and his family during this time of tragic loss

Carol Bongiovi, Jon Bon Jovi’s mother, passed away just days before her birthday. The singer described her as a “force to be reckoned with.” Carol Bongiovi, Jon…

While on the Beach with My Husband, a Woman Ran Up, Knelt, and Said His Name

Just as John and I basked in our anniversary bliss on the beach, a woman in a swimsuit ran up, knelt before him, and uttered his name….

SECRETS IN THE PARK: WOMAN’S DISCOVERY ABOUT LONELY TWIN GIRLS REVEALS SHOCKING TRUTH

Woman Discovers Shocking Truth after Following Twin Girls Who Sit Alone in Park Every EveningColleen would see the twin girls sitting by themselves in the park every…

My Husband Took Me to a Fancy Restaurant for Our Anniversary but Only Let Me Order a Cheap Salad – This Special Day He Won’t Forget

On their tenth wedding anniversary, Emma’s husband Mark took her to the fanciest restaurant in town, only to humiliate her with a cheap salad. Little did he…

Famous country singer killed in horror crash just a day after her birthday

Beloved country singer Ivana Pino Arellano, known as “La Rancherita de Chanco,” died in a tragic car accident on the M-80 road near Pelluhe, Chile, one day…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *